Process and Artwork
- The specifications of your product decide the quote that we give to you.
- Once we send you the quote, you need to confirm it. After that, we send you the order details and you need to confirm the same.
- You need to pay the deposit, followed by uploading your artwork so that our designer could check it.
- The next step of the process involves us sending you a PDF proof of the product. You need to approve this proof, and post the approval we start printing your product.
- We also make sure that we inform you prior to the completion of the printing process so that you can book your shipment via air or sea.
- You need to pay the balance in order to receive your final product. For shipment via air, you need to clear this balance before the commencement of the shipping. For shipment via sea, you need to pay the balance after the process of shipment starts. We handle the Telex Released BL process, and once we have received the balance and all dues have been cleared, we send the packing list, BL and the invoice directly to you.
- The product is shipped either to a local port or straight to your door, depending on the term of shipment that you had selected.
We do have a feasible service that involves providing you with designing help. However, we would require all photos, reference samples, and content before starting the designing process. We are primarily a printing service and that remains the main focus of our services. The designing services that we provide are simple and do not include complicated designing requests.
There are much software that you can use for your artwork. Some of these include CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign. However, we would recommend the use of InDesign, as we believe it is the best in the business.
Yes. Once an order agreement has been reached, we do provide a number of free templates.
Our requirements include a 3mm bleed each edge on all of the pages. In order to give you a better idea, if the size of the finished product is 210mm x 297mm, the artwork that you prepare must be of 216mm x 303mm in size. A point to be noted is that, if all the four edges of the artwork are white, a bleed is something that we still recommend, however, it is not something that is mandatory. If the borders are not present, then a 3mm bleed on all the edges is a necessity. We encourage you to contact us if the technicalities and comprehension of ‘bleed’ is something that you are finding to be tough. In order to avail more information, please have a look at ‘Printing Guide about crop marks and bleed’.
Our services are that of an offset printer and we make use of CMYK color mode for the process of printing. In the case that your artwork has been submitted in Pantone or RGB color modes, we make sure that it is converted to CMYK before printing plates are done. For the best convenience, it is recommended that you submit your artwork in the CMYK format.
Binding and Paper
You need to start by first telling us about your requirements. These include the quantity that you would like printed and the specifications of the book. The specifications may include the page count, size, style of binding, delivery, etc. You also need to notify us about the delivery place. Once we have all the details, we will choose the most suitable form of paper, based on the details that you had sent, and provide you with a quotation accordingly.
Once we had come to an agreement regarding the price and you had placed an order with us, we would proceed to assess your artwork and decide whether it is suitable for printing or not. Before we start the printing process, a PDF proof of your approval will be sent to you, and only then will the process be started.
The artwork can either be submitted in AI or PDF format. The best-suited files are those that tend to keep the resolution as close to 300 dpi, and that is also our recommended resolution. The artwork must also include a 3mm bleed on all the edges in order to support binding. You need to understand that color is a huge requirement whenever opting for a printing service. Therefore, before we proceed forward with mass printing, we will first be printing digital hard proofs by a GMG color proof system. The color similarity that would be present between the hard proofs we produce and the final printed product is guaranteed to be as high as 95%. If you want to check the quality of paper, style of binding or book thickness we can also arrange for a hardbound proof printed on a dummy.
Definitely. As explained above, we will help you choose the optimal type of paper, once we have reviewed the specifications and requirements that you have provided to us. You can also ask for a paper sample manual that would help you decide on the type of paper that you want for your order much more effectively. However, you do need to pay for the shipping of the aforementioned manual of paper samples.
Yes. We do have recommendations. As per our experience, it has been seen that it is best if the book thickness is over 3mm for it to be perfect bound. Therefore, if you had selected a 200gsm paper to compile the book, a minimum page count of 24 is necessary.
If you had opted for a saddle stitch, the best practice involves the thickness of the book to be below 3mm. However, this may vary depending on the type of paper that you had selected for your book.