- GMG ColorProof system provides a real food color guarantee
- Hardcover binding, perfect binding and spiral-bound cookbook
- Free cookbook cover and inner templates
- Free artwork modifications to produce the best cookbook
- Save 40% printing cost
We provide high-quality printing services for cookbooks, at cheap affordable prices, produced in China. A large number of self-publishers have chosen us over the years to print their own cookbooks. Cookbooks, also known as recipe books, are very popular owing to the growing trend towards cooking healthy and nutritious food at home. This has created a thriving market for such books and hence the need for our printing services.
Cookbook Size and Custom Cookbook Printing
The most common cookbook size is 8.5″ x 8.5″ or 210 mm x210 mm. For cookbooks, 8.5″ x 11″ is too big and the 6″ x 9″ book looks too small. The 8.5″ x 8.5″ or 210 mm x 210 mm cookbook with hardcover binding or wire-o binding lays flat well when the reader opens the book. Another popular design size for a luxury cookbook is 11″ x 11″. Normally the 11″ x 11″ cookbook uses the hardcover binding.
If you prefer a softcover cookbook, we suggest you use sewn and perfect binding. This helps the book to lay flat better than glue perfect binding.
The cookbook size can be designed using the following list:
- Luxury level: 11″ x 11″ hardcover cookbook
- Medium level: 8.5″ x 8.5″ or 210 mm x 210 mm hardcover or spiral bound cookbook
- Economy level: 8.5″ x 8.5″, 210 mm x 210 mm, 8.5″ x 11″ perfect bound cookbook
It is very important for a cookbook to be bound in such a manner that it can be opened flat. Therefore, sewn hardcover binding, sewn perfect binding, coil binding or wire-O binding is the best choice. We do not recommend glue perfect binding because the book cannot be opened flat with this technique. We also do not suggest saddle stitch binding because it looks too plain and takes away from the cookbook’s appeal.
Next, for hardcover cookbooks, the board size is larger than interior pages. Thus, there is a groove between the spine and the cover. We also need an extra bleed for wrapping around the board. Because of this, the hardcover cookbook’s size is different from a perfect binding cookbook cover. If you do not have experience with hardcover cookbooks, please contact our printing specialists for help. Tell us your book size, page count, paper, etc. and our designer will do a cover design template for you. This service is provided completely free of cost.
Cookbook Cover Material and Cookbook Paper
The printing cookbook’s interior paper is done with the help of 128gsm or 157gsm gloss or matte art paper. Owing to the fact that thinner paper has bleed-through and thicker paper is not easy to open flat; 128gsm or 157gsm art paper can balance well between the requirements that cookbooks have. If you so desire, we also provide free paper samples for your checking.
Furthermore, printing a cookbook with vinyl material cover can also be a good choice. Vinyl is waterproof and it allows for more color choices. Embossing or foil stamping on the vinyl cover is also a viable option. Vinyl hardcover in combination with a dust jacket can make your cookbook look extra luxurious and classy.
Let us print your cookbook in China. We guarantee 100% satisfaction and brilliant services, which will urge you to come back again and again.
Tell us what you need, contact us now!
Quality and Affordable Cookbook Printing
There is a very valid reason why many publishers choose to print their cookbooks in China and prefer it to any other place in the world. This is because of the cheap and affordable printing prices that Chinese printing houses offer, whilst still guaranteeing excellent service and quality. Being a reputed printing service provider in China, our prices are very competitive and will allow you to print your cookbooks with ease.
Cookbook Sample Specifications
- Cookbook size: 8.5″ x 9″
- Printing: Full color CMYK printing
- Book cover material: Vinyl
- Cover surface: Debossing
- End sheets: 140gsm offset paper
- Interior paper: 157gsm matte art paper
- Binding: Sewn and hardcover binding
Custom Cookbook Printing Design Tips
- Firstly, the quality of the photos is very important while printing cookbooks. All photos should be of high resolution. They should be of at least 300dpi. Using high-quality food photos in your book will result in printing a great cookbook, and its appeal would increase as well owing to the high quality of images used.
- Secondly, we are an offset printer and we only print in CMYK color mode. If the photos are RGB, we will convert RGB format photos to CMYK for printing. RGB colors differ from CMYK colors, therefore be sure to look at your proofs. If the cookbook is black and white, please make sure all texts are 100% black before starting the printing process.
- Lastly, some publishers print cookbooks with a dust jacket. A regular dust jacket flap is around 90mm. You can design it with wide or short flaps. Flap style is dependent on the design, which you choose. For the hardcover binding, the dust jacket size needs to be wider (around 10mm more than interior page width). Before you design the artwork, please contact our printing specialists to get free dust jacket template.
Cookbook Printing Services Using Eco-friendly Production Processes
Apart from competitive printing prices which we offer, we provide our cookbook printing services in an eco-friendly manner. We believe that all of us leave a footprint on the world that we inhabit and it is our responsibility not to leave a negative footprint on the world, which has provided us shelter and nurtured us since birth. How ironic would it be if hazardous results occur by printing a cookbook, which promotes health and sustenance? Therefore, we employ eco-friendly processes for each and every printing service that we provide, including our cookbook printing services. Our printing services are 100% friendly to the environment, owing to the use of , which is very safe to use and completely clean for the environment.
Apart from our eco-friendly practices, we also provide a number of worthwhile services, which make choosing us as your printing partner beneficial. Some of these features include; custom book size, custom paper finishes and many binding styles to choose from. You will receive high-quality products, competitive prices, and stellar service when you choose to print your cookbooks with us. Depending on your requirements, we can provide sewing and hardcover binding, sewn and perfect binding, wire-o binding and coil binding. Contact us now to get a quote and customize your next cookbook according to your preferences.
As well as printing cookbooks, we also produce other types of books. These include comic books, photo books, art books, and hardcover books, etc. In addition, we are also print catalogs, brochures, calendars, etc. to meet your requirements, all at excellent prices and produced to the highest quality standards.