Board Book Printing
- 6″ x 6″, 7″ x 7″, 8″ x 8″ are popular size board book printing
- Safe, ECO-friendly, soy ink, round corners
- Pop-up board book is available
- Free cover template and free artwork checking
Tell us what you need. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
Board book printing is increasing in popularity with its wide-ranging benefits to toddlers. With the exuberance of smartphones in family lives, a board book offers a refreshing change to parents, teachers, and learners to establish the basic blocks of learning. There is an upward spike in the sales of children’s board books because of their ability to engage toddlers creatively. Printing a board book self-publishing is gaining interest from all quarters.
Board Book Sizes
In common the board book size is smaller than regular kid’s book size. The standard board book sizes are 6 x 6″, 7 x 7″ and 8 x 8″. Different board book sizes are good for different age children. The smaller size board book is better for the toddler to hold and open.
Board Book Cover
There are two types of board book covers. One is self-cover and another one is the same as a regular hardcover. For the self-cover board book, the cover paper and interior paper are the same. But the cover will have a hinge near to the spine. For regular hardcover, the cover is the same as the regular hardcover. If you do hardcover with a round corner, it is expensive because it needs more labor. Before printing a board book, you may contact a printer to check how you do is best.
Board Book Printing Feature
To compare with regular picture books, printing a board book has the following feature:
- The board book each sheet is around 0.5-1mm thickness. It is not easy to be folded and it is good for baby to open.
- The board book corners are round corners. It is safe for baby.
- The two pages can be opened lay-flat.
- One spread is two pages. Most of board book page count is 7-16 spreads (14 pages-32 pages).
- The board book is with film lamination or glossy UV varnish on all pages.
- A board book consists of more images and fewer texts.
Board Book Printing Cost
The board bookbinding process is totally different from regular binding machines. It needs special binding equipment. So, board book printing in the USA is more expensive. High-quality children’s board book printing in China is better and cost-effective. At QINPrinting, we provide great board book printing services at a lower price.
Board Book Sample Specifications
- Board book size: 5.7″ x 8.2” or custom size
- Printing: Full color CMYK offset printing
- Cover and interior paper: 300gsm C1S paper
- Cover and interior surface: Gloss varnish all pages
- Binding: Board bookbinding with round corners
Board Book Design Tips
There are a few important guidelines about the artwork setting and printing the board books.
- During the design stage of your board book, you need to choose the option of facing pages in the software layout. Select the option of “Spreads” to make the final printing pages during the process of PDF file generation.Meanwhile, add 3mm bleed on top, bottom, right and left.
- If the board book is with pop-up, please separate the pop-up image artwork and the original book artwork. Because they are printed in different process. If you don’t have experience on it, please contact us. Then we will help you how to do it.
- To make high quality board books, the artwork should be high resolution. They are 300dpi.
- When you design the cover artwork, please do the back cover, spine and front cover in same page.
- If the board book is hardcover binding, please ask us to provide cover template. You may design the cover artwork according to our cover template. Our cover template is free.
Board Book Paper Choice
Board books need strong cardboard to make them resilient and withstand the not-so-subtle force that the toddler and babies impart to them.
There are two categories of paperboard that are used in the printing of board books of children.
Gray board is compressed cardboard that comprises of gray fibers against a white laminated exterior.
White board is similar to gray board except that it is made of white fibers and is regarded to be of superior quality and hence more expensive. Most of the board books, we use white board paper.
Board Book Printing and Binding Tips
- Board books generally comprise of 8 to 16 spreads which amount to 16 to 32 pages including cover with colored pictures. If you’re incorporating text in the board books, make sure to limit it to not more than 100 words.
- Self-publishing of board books means that the target audience is children in the age range of 1-4 years. The smaller the size of the book, the more comfortable it will be for the child to hold and work with the board book. It has also the advantage of training the vision focus on the particular page of the board book. 6 x 6″size board book is the most popular size. You also can choose custom size. It depends on your design and book content.
- Almost all board book interior pages are same binding methods. But there are two kinds of board book covers. One is self-cover which is created with the same material as the interior card The self-cover includes spine which connects back cover and front cover. Another kind of board book cover is hardcover which includes a cover paper wrapped on a 2-3mm board. The cover size is a little larger than interior pages size. Some customers choose a sheet of sponge inside the front cover and back cover. The cover looks thicker and soft.
Ensure Safe Printing for Children
- We use for all board book printing and make sure the material is safe for children.
- Make sure to use rounded edges in the place of pointy edges which may pierce the eye of the child and any other part of the body.
Why Choose Us
Board book printing for children is a sophisticated process and technically nuanced. It is advantageous to select an experienced printer that uses the perfect equipment and gives easy access to the correct paperboard.
We have more than 10-year experience on board book printing. We can give you good suggestions before you design your board book and it is free. It includes page count choice and economical size choice. Meanwhile, we do free printing file checking. If you are new on publishing board book, you may contact us to give you some suggestions right now!
Are you interest in publishing and printing board book? Contact us right now!
Tell us what you need. We will get back to you within 24 hours.